1. Is the regular volleyball season over the end of July and then playoffs start?
That is correct. The final week of play is scheduled online...the last week of July. Playoffs begin the next week. All teams play the first week, the 8 winners play the following week, and then the final 4 teams play the 3rd week.
2. can you play with 4 women and 2 men to make up a team of 6?
No, but you can play with 5 players....3 men and 2 women or vice versa
3. Can you play with three guys and two girls? How about two guys and two girls?
Yes, you can play with either of those combinations
4. Can we have sponsors?
Yes you sure can. No restrictions.
5. Can we wear uniforms?
Wear whatever you want as long as it is not offensive or inappropriate. Please remember there are families with children who dine on our patio and we want everyone to feel comfortable.
6. Are there any restrictions on team name?
Again, as long as it is not offensive or inappropriate you can call yourselves whatever you want to.
7. Does a female player have to hit the ball on each team's turn in a volley?
YES! We play by the standard co-ed volleyball rules, which state that if the ball is only hit once and goes over the net, it can be hit by a male or female. But if it's touched more than once (twice or 3 times), one of those touches must be by a female player.
8. If the ball hits the net on a serve but still goes over is it a good play?